Anybody know about LiteSpeed Web Server?
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM by RichardGv.)
RE: Anybody know about LiteSpeed Web Server?
Huh, Zack, actually they claimed it's cPanel-compatible directly on the homepage...
But I hate closed-source software... Partially because I cannot use special optimization flags during compilation. :D It's surprising (or depressing) that they don't even provide a free x64 build for Linux. On a x64 processor (well, almost all recent processors are) the performance of a x86 system could be lower than a x86_64 system for 10%-20%.
And after all, commercial software tends to have very exaggerated description. I remember there are so many commercial download managers that claim able to accelerate download by 600%, which is esentially impossible. :)
Also, nginx seems faster and less resource-intensive, according to what I heard. It does not read Apache configuration, though. lighttpd seems a pretty popular alternative, too.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody know about LiteSpeed Web Server? - by RichardGv - 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it easy to set up a home server? Guy 11 3,630 07-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Last Post: MyDigitalpoint