Poll: What happens when you die?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
We succumb into the nothingness of the universe
19.23%
5 19.23%
I become wormfood
11.54%
3 11.54%
I become part of something greater
0%
0 0%
I ascend into the next dimension
0%
0 0%
We go to heaven
23.08%
6 23.08%
We got the hell
0%
0 0%
I'll be reborn
15.38%
4 15.38%
Something else (Please post)
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What do you think happens after death?
11-20-2010, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2010, 01:14 AM by Vanilla.)
RE: What do you think happens after death?
Quote:Lol nice view point. But it was already scientifically proven that energy cannot be destroyed, it can only change form. And everything is energy. Therefore, we can't just disappear out of the blue.

I would say that it depends on how you define "we". I agree, the matter of which we are composed of, cannot be destroyed, but our neurological patterns (and stuff), which makes makes up our personality would be broken, as the matter which makes up for the neurologica patterns would be decomposed.

But on the other hand, I wouldn't refrain the possibility that some of our personality(soul?) might continue to function on the electrical wave level. After all, the brain activity is made up by moving neurons making up electrical currents, which makes up for our cognitive abilities. Anyway, these currents makes up a wide range of different wave patterns, such Alpha, Beta, Delta, Mu, Theta waves, and perhaps Gamma waves too. (Waves should not be confused with rays). Anyway, these waves a easily measurable, and can continue to exist(bounce, float, walk, i donno) in the vicinity of the locations that the person walked.

Another aspect is, that if these theories about personality-neuron-wave-links would to be true, it would actually reinforce the validity of the millions of countless ghost stories people talk about from time to time, and perhaps the religious theory about heaven too (as to when the spirits/waves dissapear).

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think happens after death? - by Vanilla - 11-20-2010, 01:08 AM