[SOLVED] [SOLVED] I need help for setup in freedns.afraid.org
12-06-2010, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 09:08 PM by 903.)
[SOLVED] [SOLVED] I need help for setup in freedns.afraid.org
I have register a new .tk domain,and setup the DNS server to freedns.afraid.org.
I had learn how to setup the subdomains forward, but I don't know how to setup the domains point to this name server.
Just add a A record ?
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 02:29 AM by HiddenKnowledge.)
RE: I need help for setup in freedns.afraid.org
Huh, freedns.afraid.org? If you have your own domain, you should not use its nameservers unless you know what you are doing. FreeDNS, in principle, shares all domains between members, so other users will be able to create/use anything.yourdomain.tk without your approval.
See: http://freedns.afraid.org/queue/explanation.php

A more common choice would be directly pointing your domain to Niftyhost nameservers. Then you wouldn't need any extra configurations, except adding the domain to your cPanel account as a parked domain or addon domain.
Code:
ns1.niftyhost.us
ns2.niftyhost.us
Here's a screenshot explaining how to change nameservers for .tk domains. I found it on Google, so the nameservers in the screenshot are not NiftyHost ones.
[Image: dottknsserverhosting.png]

Another choice is to choose another reliable third-party DNS service. This may not be allowed in NiftyHost, and it's harder to configure.

Well, I'm having problems comprehending your question... It's too unclear what you want to do.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn
12-06-2010, 09:32 PM,
Thanks very much.
Because I want to setup some subdomains forward to other website,and it's very easy to setup in freedns.afraid.org, I choose it.
I know I can set the name server to nifty,but what should I do when I want to forward the subdomains to other sites?
Just like I want to forward home.mydomain.tk to home.com ?
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM by RichardGv.)
(12-06-2010, 09:32 PM)903 Wrote: Because I want to setup some subdomains forward to other website,and it's very easy to setup in freedns.afraid.org, I choose it.
I know I can set the name server to nifty,but what should I do when I want to forward the subdomains to other sites?
Just like I want to forward home.mydomain.tk to home.com ?

If the target of your redirection is the main cPanel domain, you only need to add your .tk domain as a parked domain.
Otherwise, please follow the following steps:
  • Add your .tk domain as an addon domain or parked domain.
  • Create the subdomain. Make sure its "document root" is set to a blank directory.
  • Click the "redirects" icon in cPanel index page:
    [Image: redir1.png]
  • Select your subdomain. I use stc.hux.pp.ru in this example. Enter the target of the redirection in the "redirects to" textbox. Click "add"
    [Image: redir2.png]
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] my free domain mehrshad-pc 1 786 07-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Zach
  [SOLVED] ns1/ns2.niftyhost.us stopped working Piotr GRD 4 1,904 05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Serial Thrilla
  [SOLVED] Login error Mone 2 3,203 04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: HiddenKnowledge
  [SOLVED] email has dissapeared.. Gabriel 1 1,180 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
  [SOLVED] HTTPS Arthur 6 1,881 12-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Arthur
  [SOLVED] Avatar upload via PC and URL fails all the time Serial Thrilla 2 2,008 11-10-2011, 09:08 AM