Issue
10-01-2010, 09:24 PM,
Issue
Today we experienced an issue. The server itself never went offline however named did. This is what controls nameservers. So if you were using ns1.niftyhost.us and ns2 then your sites appeared down however people using A records like me had sites remain up. So in the end the server never technically went offline.
[Image: rvqs.gif]
10-01-2010, 09:27 PM,
RE: Issue
Ah okay
[Image: tuyy.png][Image: yr0x.png][Image: xyts.png]
Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with your hosting.
NiftyHost Forum Rules
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM,
Yea, i got notified that one of the domains i monitor went down but my other stayed up...
10-02-2010, 04:34 AM,
Am I the only person that found (still continuous) problem with FTP connection since the beginning of this issue?
10-02-2010, 06:58 AM,
How do you mean when you say "issues"? FTP may have tripped up when DNS failed.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
10-02-2010, 07:01 AM,
Oh, haha... I see what you mean when you say issue. Try SFTP for the time being, ok?
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM,
Ah, a nameserver daemon failure. Jeez, those are annoying :P

Cheers for responding to the issue in time ;)
10-02-2010, 01:49 PM,
Yea, it happened during the middle of the night while I was asleep
10-03-2010, 12:51 AM,
(10-02-2010, 07:01 AM)Zack Wrote: Oh, haha... I see what you mean when you say issue. Try SFTP for the time being, ok?

mghq wrote "issue", so I'm following this. ;)

I do not need to use FTP, but thank you for suggestion. My question was: is this only me having problem with FTP (but I've checked from two different locations so most probably no) or is this global and possibly unnoticed problem on NiftyHost end? If it's for some reason only on my end - I would need to do something with my server monitor.

And my monitoring is DNS independent, I have IPs fixed for it, I'm monitoring servers and access to them, not the functionality of DNS system, otherwise even failure of nameservers at my own ISP could affect the results.

10-03-2010, 04:06 AM,
Well, the server was up via IP while the nameservers were out. And mghq is ignoring the FTP issue and not allowing me to fix it for some reason...