xat chat
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM,
xat chat
I was bored so i made an xat chat.. link below

http://xat.com/niftyhost

If you are a staff member of niftyhost then message me and i will give you the password or i will add your position when im online!
09-27-2010, 01:12 AM,
RE: xat chat
Haha thanks, but we already have a way more versatile chat solution then Xat. It's called IRC, or Internet Relay Chat. It's an extensible and powerful system that can be accessed from anywhere, and we have a flash client at http://www.niftyhost.us/chat/.

Xat REQUIRES flash, whereas IRC is an actual protocol that can be accessed from any Internet-connected device as long as somebody will make a client for it.

Server: irc.lightirc.com Port: 6667

Channel: #niftyhost
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
09-27-2010, 04:47 AM,
Thanks Cameron, but as Zack said we have IRC, which is much more versatile, secure, and has a few more features. Plus, IRC works on my iPod :)
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM,
just a chat room?I prefer the IRC room.
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM,
Xat is surrounded with ad's and stuff you don't need (Especially the lame games...). IRC has everything you need in a small environment.
09-30-2010, 10:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM by HiddenKnowledge.)
I really dislike xat because:
  • It has ads.
  • It's hosted on one server. (closed source)
  • You need to pay for "powers".
  • Same for smileys.
  • It's slow.
  • Lots of spammers.
  • People act dumb(er than on irc) on it.
  • It's ugly.
  • It's well.. Do I need to say more? I can go on forever.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM,
Eh, then again, the IRC server does crash sometimes. Maybe we'll use this as our alternate in the future if that happens, however we usually just hop IRC servers.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
10-05-2010, 09:04 AM,
Zack, that's cause you're using lightirc.com

There's some other reliable irc servers, such as irc.rizon.net, or irc.tl (but i think that network is gonna die any moment..), irc.focogaming.com, irc.gamesurge.net (meant for gaming, but it's a really good network with some interesting features), irc.gtanet.com (kinda abandoned, but lots of servers) and well, i can continue a lot, but i guess you know what i mean

BTW, xat is so unproffesional
My Website - My Twitter - My Facebook - My affilate link

If you liked 1 of my posts, just click on My affilate link, it'll help me get my .info :thumbsup:
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM,
I am now closing this topic because I think everything that needs to be said is said.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was just looking through support chat logs and... Zach 6 1,701 04-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Zach