Wordpress and TOS reminder
09-05-2010, 03:39 AM,
Wordpress and TOS reminder
Recently, several Wordpress blogs have been hacked and used to upload phishing web sites. You are liable if this happens, please either upgrade your Wordpress to the latest or move to a less memory-hogging insecure over-complicated script... Also as a reminder, please remember that
any type of file uploading script is NOT
allowed on free hosting, whether it is
public or private. If you have one
ANYWHERE on your account, take it
down please. We will be doing global
account checks soon and your account
will be suspended if you are found to be
in violation. Please do not hesitate to
ask questions. Thank you for hosting with
us.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
09-05-2010, 03:53 AM,
RE: Wordpress and TOS reminder
Please remember, when you update wordpress, that you should also update your plugins!
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
09-05-2010, 04:44 AM,
Indeed. On that subject, do not enable plugins you do not use. It puts unnecessary load on the server due to Wordpress's inefficent plugin system.
09-05-2010, 12:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2010, 12:45 PM by KSubedi.)
Being a wordpress user myself, i would like to suggest you to remove any unused [deactivated] themes and plugins in your system and just use minimal amount of plugins. and keep an eye on the wp-content folder for suspicious files time to time.
If Nothing Goes Right, Go Left :D

Regards,
Kaushal Subedi
Niftyhost.US Staff
WireShock.Com Owner
[Image: 936729918.png]
09-05-2010, 01:41 PM,
Yeah, a good option if you're not going to use wordpress anymore is Drupal. (http://drupal.org), works very well once you get the hang of it.
09-06-2010, 05:12 AM,
Treat it seriously.
Even if you think that your website is so much unimportant and has almost no visitors - treat it seriously and don't use outdated versions of scripts (either Wordpress or anything), upgrade it.
It's very bad feeling if you suddenly find suspicious files on your account that you didn't upload by yourself. Take my word, don't check by yourself.

09-06-2010, 06:29 AM,
I have an question, zack
does wordpress 3.0 need to be upgraded to wordpress 3.0.1?

my blog site:
http://kwanhoyin.tk
09-06-2010, 07:08 AM,
Yes.
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM,
Yes, this is very important and all of the most up to date wordpress installs I have checked seem to be not affected. Some files you may see is a file called 02.php. If you have this file please immediately post on here so we can be alerted and see if we can find any info on whom is hacking wordpress installs. Another file is wp-add.php which IS NOT a wordpress file which tricked me originally when looking at hacked sites. This is another c99 shell. Please also be advised all sites reported have been reported by paypal/ebay inc and most seem to be blacklisted by google and avg on certain browsers now. So please make sure you are up to date to prevent this from happening to you
[Image: rvqs.gif]
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2010, 12:44 PM by Venom.)
AHA!!! but iapple4orums wasn't wordpress..?? i-apple.tk was...