SEO Starts from Domain Registration
08-09-2010, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2010, 02:52 PM by shadabi5.)
SEO Starts from Domain Registration
It is dream of almost all webmasters to drive natural traffic to their web site through search engine. Search engine optimization make this dream true. In this post i will only discus about domain name selection. If you will like it I will write all steps.

Selection of domain name is pretty tactical. It basically depends upon your site topic. For example I want to make a site about Hollywood then I will first try top level domain .com oops it is taken...
Now I will go to Google Keywords tool and will search keyword suggestions about Hollywood.
Great there are 100 related keywords with global monthly search volume.
Why I have used Google Keywords tool? because I want to know what people want to see on net it is not important what I want to offer.

Ok I think "hollywood west" is suitable because it has 1,000,000 global searches every month. Now I will search for domain and will use Domain Suggestions Tool for this purpose.

Oops HollywoodWest.com, .net and .info are taken. No problem their are some still available like..... HollywoodWestOnline, TheHollywoodWest but I don't like these I have decided to try same keyword Success I found it Hollywood-West.net, .info are available.

Hollywood-West.net suits me and I will register it from my favorite domain registrar.

Earn Money with Shadabi5
08-12-2010, 10:43 AM,
RE: SEO Starts from Domain Registration
Great article! This will probably help beginning webmasters.
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM,
(08-12-2010, 10:43 AM)Matt M Wrote: Great article! This will probably help beginning webmasters.

Thanks for your appreciation, it will help me to write more about SEO basics like title, URL, Description, Contents and keywords research.
Earn Money with Shadabi5
08-12-2010, 11:39 PM,
Yeah, good luck with that!
08-18-2010, 06:55 AM,
however how to get my own site promoted?
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM,
(08-18-2010, 06:55 AM)khy Wrote: however how to get my own site promoted?

If you have created a site without on page seo work like domain selection, page title, meta tags and keywords research then the only way to promote your site is backlinks. But if you are going to start new you must consider these point.
1. Selection of keyword based domain.
2. Unique page title to each page containing your primary key words of page.
3. Add a description meta tag to each page containing all your keywords.
4. Use Genuine contents and place your all desired keywords in contents.
5. Research on keywords, Don't look what you like to offer look what people want to read.
Earn Money with Shadabi5
08-18-2010, 01:55 PM,
domains are the main bones of seo, a domain with a good keyword is worth more than the contents. :) man , you are really good at seo stuff. it took me a lots of time to learn about seo, and now i am almost finished. :D
If Nothing Goes Right, Go Left :D

Regards,
Kaushal Subedi
Niftyhost.US Staff
WireShock.Com Owner
[Image: 936729918.png]
08-20-2010, 08:00 AM,
Uhm, if your contents are bad then you won't get backlinks and you won't get a high search engine rank either.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
08-21-2010, 01:11 AM,
what does "backlink" mean?
08-21-2010, 07:27 PM,
(08-21-2010, 01:11 AM)khy Wrote: what does "backlink" mean?

Backlink mean link of your web site in other web site. If you have posted your site in web site showcase of this forum it means you have 1 back link.
Earn Money with Shadabi5