Discuss Discuz!
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM,
Discuss Discuz!
Don't you think the "Discuz!" is the best forum program of the world XD?
07-01-2010, 01:22 PM,
RE: How To Run A Board Forum Like myBB And SMF in Your Own PC [just for fun]!
I don't like Discuz!, personally. It's too flashy and 'sorry sir no english' for me.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM,
Actually Discuz have english version..lol
It's a fact that discuz have added too much things on it
you can use the older version of discuz (6.0)
If you want it I can find it for you
07-01-2010, 07:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM by RichardGv.)
(07-01-2010, 02:40 PM)khy Wrote: Actually Discuz have english version..lol
It's a fact that discuz have added too much things on it
you can use the older version of discuz (6.0)
If you want it I can find it for you

1. There's no official English version of Discuz! since version 6.0, according to Wikipedia (Chinese Wikipedia). Neither English version of Discuz!X 1.0 was provided.
2. Unlike phpBB, MyBB, and some other famed forum scripts, Discuz! is not open-source since its license don't fit the open-source requirement.
3. I heard Discuz! is still slightly faulty in supporting browsers other than Internet Explorer (largely due to the market situation in China). And it's known to have a worse performance.
4. I don't really trust Chinese softwares and scripts myself. During the years I have seen too many disappointing Chinese softwares, tons of malicious ones, poorly design ones, the ones that steal users' data, that eventually build up the strong discrimination. (I'm largely talking the mainland, not including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.) Well, before this kind of view fades away I will probably never try Discuz.
5. We are getting off-topic...
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM by HiddenKnowledge.)
RE: Discuss Discuz!
(07-01-2010, 07:12 PM)RichardGv Wrote: 5. We are getting off-topic...

Not anymore ;)
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
07-01-2010, 09:27 PM,
But the English translations are horrible.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
07-02-2010, 05:33 PM,
Correction: looks like a English version for 7.2 is available, a testing version: http://www.msg2me.com/
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
07-02-2010, 07:03 PM,
RichardGV: Two questions,
1) How am I supposed to download that?
2) Is it official?
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

07-02-2010, 08:08 PM,
(07-02-2010, 07:03 PM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: RichardGV: Two questions,
1) How am I supposed to download that?
2) Is it official?

2) It should be official, as it's indicated in a thread in the official Discuz! support forum (in Chinese): http://www.discuz.net/forum.php?mod=view...id=1794894
However, it's kind of a "nightly" version. There can be some issues in it. So, it's not really recommended to test it on a productive website.

1) You can get the latest nightly version here: http://www.msg2me.com/thread-3377-1-1.html
However, it requires you to register on the forum and have enough "golds" in the forum account...
(Eh, please don't ask me to fetch it. I don't have an account there, either.)

07-06-2010, 09:14 PM,
Or better said: There is no public english version.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin