Best free Visual code editor
06-09-2010, 12:08 PM,
Best free Visual code editor
my favorite visual code editor has to be KompoZer just because it has a easy to use interface and its really the only good visual editor i could find for free what about you do any of you know of anything better that you like to use?
[Image: wwe-umaga-173x63.jpg]
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM,
RE: Best free Visual code editor
I use Notepad++. It's free and you can enable a lot of things.
06-09-2010, 09:40 PM,
I use Notepad2, but I think it is a bit lacking. I'll probably try Notepad++ soon.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM,
i used to use notepad++ befor i found KompoZer kompozer is alot like dreamweaver but its free
[Image: wwe-umaga-173x63.jpg]
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM,
Eww, Dreamweaver. I wouldn't touch that stack of fetid poo in a thousand years.
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM,
I agree with Zack. :/
Notepad++ rocks, btw.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
06-11-2010, 02:50 AM,
Quote:Eww, Dreamweaver. I wouldn't touch that stack of fetid poo in a thousand years.

Well, apart from being quite expensive, what's wrong about Dreamweaver?
06-11-2010, 07:28 AM,
It's difficult to update sites without using Dreamweaver, it has no built in facilities for creating dynamic PHP sites. It costs a lot.
06-11-2010, 06:14 PM,
Quote:It's difficult to update sites without using Dreamweaver, it has no built in facilities for creating dynamic PHP sites. It costs a lot.

Well, no one says that you have to use those features. In fact, you can just use it to edit your text files like you would with a regular editor text editor, just like notepad++ or whatever. Another thing is that it's easily extensible with stuff like Adobe BrowserLab which lets you see and compare your websites simulated in all kinds of browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.), and easy html5 usage with the html5pack.
Futhermore, you can easily update your websites with the integrated FTP client, that lets you edit, save and view you websites on the instant. It also has a tight integration with Illustrator and Photoshop, saving your time when you design.

The only downside is the features which you have no need for anyway (but then, just close the docks) and major pull down which is the price.

I guess it's all about personal preferences. Some people prefer Opera over Firefox and and Windows over OS X.
06-13-2010, 03:03 AM,
i use ConTEXT

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apps for iOS -code HTML+CSS ? Gabriel 2 1,098 01-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Serial Thrilla
  My reviews of the best free Game Engines/IDE's. Vanilla 3 2,984 04-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Last Post: pspman
  Free Command & Conquer Games Vanilla 0 905 04-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Vanilla