Referrals & Charity
04-29-2010, 01:51 PM,
Referrals & Charity
Like the donation of referral points to the "vault", I think we should all vote on a charity that we would like to refer for. The profit made from advertisements could be divided by a certain integer equivalent to the amount of referral points people donate. Once we get to a set value of donations for that charity, we could move on to voting for another charity until the system becomes popular enough to where we can maybe help out a new charity each month.

Donating to charities may get us more publicity and generate more of a user base.
04-29-2010, 08:37 PM,
RE: Referrals & Charity
The donation/paid/ad money doesn't pass through my hands directly. I'll have to see what I can do.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
04-29-2010, 09:53 PM,
It's actually not a bad idea.
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM,
(04-29-2010, 08:37 PM)Zack Wrote: The donation/paid/ad money doesn't pass through my hands directly. I'll have to see what I can do.

Well no immediate rush on it of course, but it would definitely be something that should be taken into consideration.
05-01-2010, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010, 05:54 AM by HiddenKnowledge.)
I think I don't understand what you mean, Mike.
From which donation should we send money to a charity, the affiliate vault?
Because we don't make money from *that*. We only make actual money for paid plans and advertisments. And that's not $100.- per hour either if you understand what I mean.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
05-01-2010, 09:35 AM,
(05-01-2010, 05:54 AM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: I think I don't understand what you mean, Mike.
From which donation should we send money to a charity, the affiliate vault?
Because we don't make money from *that*. We only make actual money for paid plans and advertisments. And that's not $100.- per hour either if you understand what I mean.

What I'm suggesting is, once we have more advertisements and more traffic, a % division of the advertisement income could go to charity based on the amount of referrals.
05-01-2010, 09:47 AM,
Seems like everybody wins. Unfortunately, we're barely breaking even as it is. So this will have to wait.lock
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)