</downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;"> News
04-21-2010, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2010, 02:18 PM by mghq.)
#1
</downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;"> News
If you've visited a site hosted here at all in the past... 2 days, you've probably noticed that it spouts errors or doesn't appear at all. That's bad. The end result, however, is good.

We recently migrated every single user of NiftyHost to a new server. 94% got over in less then 2 hours. The other 6% had huge websites or somehow screwed up their account metadata and as such were not transferred or the owner had to transfer the site themselves. This took a rather large number of hours, unfortunately. By about midnight, we had all the accounts on the new server. We began the DNS change about then. Since DNS is a large and confusing beast, parts of the world took longer to get to the new server then others. This caused some data latency. You may have lost your latest few hours of new data before the change - we can get this back for you, or you can access it yourself: http://69.162.67.203/cpanel

Further downtime was caused by a user whose name totally wasn't Matt M. running stupid crons. Don't worry Matt, just because you initiated a full server reboot and removed a feature from our list doesn't mean we don't love you.

Also, some domains are broken. Please contact us via forum if this is the case for you.

I also want to take this opportunity to introduce some new members. They are the reason we've manifested into a new and kinda better state of being:

yourmghq: datacenter junkie, responsible for both smiles and frowns


Have a nice day.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
04-21-2010, 07:35 AM,
#2
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
Hehe, thank you zack for the welcome.

@all niftyhost users: Glad i can be here. If you have any server issues use the forums or irc to get into contact with us. One should be available almost any time.
[Image: rvqs.gif]
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM,
#3
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
Aw Zack, you made my heart sing :)

I'm really sorry for that. I actually had no idea the "stupid crons" were running until it was too late. :( Hey there, zzbomb.
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM,
#4
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
The damage is done, don't cry over spilt milk, etc.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM,
#5
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
Sure thing man. :)
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM,
#6
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
(04-21-2010, 07:33 AM)Zack Wrote: Further downtime was caused by a user whose name totally wasn't Matt M. running stupid crons. Don't worry Matt, just because you initiated a full server reboot and removed a feature from our list doesn't mean we don't love you.

Nice one Matt :D
[Image: tuyy.png][Image: yr0x.png][Image: xyts.png]
Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with your hosting.
NiftyHost Forum Rules
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM,
#7
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
(04-21-2010, 09:29 PM)Lance Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 07:33 AM)Zack Wrote: Further downtime was caused by a user whose name totally wasn't Matt M. running stupid crons. Don't worry Matt, just because you initiated a full server reboot and removed a feature from our list doesn't mean we don't love you.

Nice one Matt :D

Yup :)
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM,
#8
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
How many crons where you running?
[Image: tuyy.png][Image: yr0x.png][Image: xyts.png]
Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with your hosting.
NiftyHost Forum Rules
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM,
#9
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
According to Zack, I was running hundreds.
04-22-2010, 01:21 AM,
#10
RE: </downtime> <optimism style="tired:very;">
(04-22-2010, 12:53 AM)Matt M Wrote: According to Zack, I was running hundreds.
Holy Sh*t!
[Image: tuyy.png][Image: yr0x.png][Image: xyts.png]
Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with your hosting.
NiftyHost Forum Rules


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Planned Downtime Zach 15 3,336 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Zach
  Main Site Downtime Zach 3 1,466 08-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Ahmedm20
  Downtime mghq 7 1,784 11-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Last Post: 2348z
  Downtime the other day mghq 2 1,141 10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Last Post: pspman
  Extended downtime Zach 16 3,467 09-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Last Post: mghq
  Quick Spot of Downtime Zach 11 3,920 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Zach

Forum Jump: