What is an hp web hosting server appliance?
01-17-2012, 01:55 PM,
Information  What is an hp web hosting server appliance?
Half a year ago someone had given me an "hp web hosting server appliance" and I also have the quick start guide. The quick start guide says “hp web hosting server appliance sa1100 and sa1120”.

So my question is; what is an hp web hosting server appliance?

What does it do?

Can I hock it up and host a website on it, or does it need to connect to something else in order for me to use?

(I know it needs to connect to the internet some how, ether the hp web hosting server appliance connects to the internet or it connects to a server that it connects to the internet.)

I tried following the quick start guide that came with it, but I’m not able to get it work. I have hocked it up to an old router and think it would show up in the list of devices but nothing? So this is stumping me.
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 12:02 PM by rowebil.)
RE: What is an hp web hosting server appliance?
I think it's a server... You can host websites on it, obviously. You can do that on anything, even a computer OR a router.

I believe it's especially made for web hosting. I'm not sure. I only have a PC repair business. Haven't worked on too many servers. I believe they really just put out servers that were designed for specific tasks, like web server. Depending on what OS it's running, you can run anything. Unless it has it's own OS just for a web server.

It's awesome someone gave it to you!