Can't download!
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM,
Can't download!
There are a few things that are supposed to be downloadable from cPanel. None of them work. It lets me try, but stays at 0%.
Also, I can't figure out how to access my FTP through Filezilla. I'm no FTP n00b. The connection always times out. I tried ftp.acg.n1fty.com, ftp.n1fty.com, acg.n1fty.com, etcetera... on both ports 21 and 22.
12-20-2011, 09:22 AM,
RE: Can't download!
Could you send me your login credentials in a pm?
Thanks in advance.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM,
The correct ftp server is: acg.n1fty.com (without http)
It works fine for me.

Please tell me what doesn't work in the cpanel exactly.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

12-20-2011, 12:32 PM,
That address still gives me a timeout when I try in Filezilla, or through Komodo Edit. Or even in Opera.

The file explorer stopped working, but that's a separate issue...
If I try to download the webdisk program or the FTP setup xml, it fails. I think I can download backups, but that's because it's through file explorer.
12-21-2011, 06:52 AM,
Well, enter the details manually, use the username and password you gave me and use this host: acg.n1fty.com
It should work.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

12-22-2011, 06:28 AM,
I have tried many times to do that since I got this site. It does not work.
01-09-2012, 10:11 AM,
Any ideas?
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM,
Is it possible that your ISP is blocking those ports for any reason? Are you behind a firewall?
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
01-30-2012, 09:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 09:09 AM by rowebil.)
(12-20-2011, 09:22 AM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: Could you send me your login credentials in a pm?
Thanks in advance.

You can do that in WHM, you know.

Just sign in to his account on WHM, just add a user and try it. :P

I think you can also login to his FTP account, online by going to his cPanel.

You can do all of that without knowing his login credentials. :)
(01-09-2012, 04:03 PM)Zack Wrote: Is it possible that your ISP is blocking those ports for any reason? Are you behind a firewall?

Less likely. It's odd for a host to block FTP. Maybe blocking the ability for him to accept FTP incoming connections, but we use FTP all over - so I think he should be able to connect.

Maybe a firewall is blocking it.

Just seems odd. Haven't really heard of this issue. I thought FTP:21 was a safe protocol.
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM by Arthur.)
I've figured out a few things:
For some reason, only some programs properly lookup the DNS info for my site. So while Opera finds it fine, Safari can't without using a proxy, and Filezilla can't either. Ping can't find it either. Just as examples.

And no Zach, FTP works fine for other servers. My ISP (Roadrunner) is not blocking anything.

As for the file downloads, I have no more headway on that. I should probably try from windows, just to see.. but downloading has worked fine on other hosts, so it's not a cPanel issue...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] [SOLVED] Can't download full backups ThePro 5 1,659 11-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Zach