Glee Season 3
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM,
Glee Season 3
Quote:Glee was renewed for a third season before the first season had finished airing. Filming began on August 10, 2011; the season will premiere on September 20, 2011. Fourteen of the fifteen main characters from the second season are returning in the third. The only series regular who will not go forward is Jessalyn Gilsig, who portrays Terri Schuester. Darren Criss and Harry Shum, Jr., who portray Blaine Anderson and Mike Chang respectively, will be promoted to series regulars. However, Chord Overstreet, who played glee club member Sam Evans during the second season, was not promoted, and will not be returning to the show in the third season. According to Falchuk, Overstreet was invited back to guest-star for ten episodes "with an eye towards becoming a series regular at midseason", but Overstreet declined.

Murphy had stated that many of the original student characters, including Rachel Berry (Lea Michele), Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith), Kurt Hummel (Chris Colfer), and Santana Lopez (Naya Rivera) would depart at the end of the third season when they graduate from McKinley High, but according to Falchuk at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International, their graduating McKinley does not necessarily mean the end of their roles on Glee.

Four new cast members have been confirmed to join the series in season three. All four characters will have their own stories, and the winner of The Glee Project will get a seven-episode arc during the season. Idina Menzel, who plays Rachel's biological mother, Shelby Corcoran, will be returning, but this time will be a teacher at McKinley in a storyline expected to last for as many as twelve episodes.

In addition, six new writers have been hired to join Murphy, Falchuk and Brennan in the writing of the upcoming season: Allison Adler, Marti Noxon, Michael Hitchcock, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Matt Hodgson and Ross Maxwell.

Glee is another one of my favorite shows, that I go out of my way to watch. I think Glee helps a lot of tweens and teens that are struggling emotionally, physically, and mentally. I think it helps a lot of people that are having sexuality issues, and just need so figure out some things. Do you watch it? What do you think of it?
s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degrassi Season 11 neverforget98 0 1,581 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Last Post: neverforget98
  Glee show on star world channel. manikertamang 1 1,011 09-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Last Post: ThePro