Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING: Cz.Cc
08-15-2011, 10:00 AM,
WARNING: Cz.Cc
WARNING TO ALL Cz.Cc domain users! The mainsite of Cz.Cc contains malware and suspicious downloads when visiting the site. There is currently an investigation ongoing to see if the warnings are true or not, but I do not suggest using a Cz.Cc domain.
s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?
08-15-2011, 10:09 AM,
RE: WARNING: Cz.Cc
The domain name itself really speaks a lot about the credibility of the site anyway.

Only trust the typical .net .com and .org domain hosts.
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM,
How do you think the CO.ZZ people monetize its supposed free domain service?

They are paid per download of toolbars and other small apps, which are really malware, spyware or trojans that pop up unwanted advertising when you are connected to Internet regardless your browser opened or not.

Because these downloads have been tested by security-related websites, a prudent surfer will not download such applications, but the sponsors that pay per download offer alternate methods to get their files downloaded inadvertently, usually using ActiveX controls.
MyDigitalpoint PRO Freelance Marketplace
08-15-2011, 03:17 PM,
(08-15-2011, 10:09 AM)OmarFW Wrote: The domain name itself really speaks a lot about the credibility of the site anyway.

Only trust the typical .net .com and .org domain hosts.

I barley even trust using Co.Cc domains, just because it is a free domain, and like you stated, it speaks it's credibility. And because Co.Cc was deindexed from Google, I'm stuck using the normal TLD domains. Which I mean, can be a good thing, but can get pricy. :/
08-15-2011, 10:01 PM,
I agree with neverforget98 even if there a lot of spam in co.cc domains
08-16-2011, 10:33 AM,
The Co.Cc domains seem to be the easiest to scam and spam with. I use them only when I'm not sure how big my community will get, and THEN I buy a domain to use once donations start coming in. It's always great to at least start off until you have the money.
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM,
WoW .... Thanks 4 warning
08-16-2011, 02:38 PM,
(08-16-2011, 02:05 PM)Ahmedm20 Wrote: WoW .... Thanks 4 warning

Not a problem, glad to be the one to report it and keep everyone safe. I hope everyone takes a serious precaution while using these domains!
08-17-2011, 11:37 AM,
Hmm I have never heard about cz.cc, but ill be sure to steer away from that site. How did you find this information? Is it valid or not?
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM,
At my host, we do domain checks for every provider. When visiting this site, I got a "Malware and Security Risks" from not only Firefox, but avast! Internet Security. I did some research afterwords, and did prove this to be valid.