Flood Time
08-15-2011, 09:23 AM,
Flood Time
Hey guys,

Lovin' this forum. (: But, I have a bit of a problem. I LOVE posting, but the major flood time is making it hard for me to post the amount I want to. :) I hope you will possibly decrease this by a great amount. (:

Thanks again!

Brandin
s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM,
RE: Flood Time
I think a minute is a good time. Some forums I've been on have it set to 120 seconds. We already have a little bit of a spam problem, I fear that decreasing the flood timer would only increase that problem. I would use the extra time to improve on my posts a little bit, it never hurts.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM,
Forum spammers and advertisers are willing to work with ridiculously low flood times. It's a good thing that it is high. Spam is very annoying to deal with and gives a forum a bad reputation.
08-15-2011, 03:06 PM,
(08-15-2011, 11:02 AM)Zack Wrote: I think a minute is a good time. Some forums I've been on have it set to 120 seconds. We already have a little bit of a spam problem, I fear that decreasing the flood timer would only increase that problem. I would use the extra time to improve on my posts a little bit, it never hurts.
I guess so. Thanks for considering my suggestion, but I guess I'll do some major waiting when making posts. I can type over 300 characters per minute, so it doesn't take long for me to write good quality posts, so this flood time does get in my way sometimes. :/
s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?
01-30-2012, 09:16 AM,
I agree. The flood time is a little high. I just go to another topic, then open a new tab and read it - then submit the old post, reply to the new one and it works well! :D

A lot of other forums have a highest flood time.
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM,
If you're running into the flood timer, use the extra time to improve your posts :P It can't hurt.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM,
True haha.

I guess it's a good thing. Now all you need to do is edit the message that pops up and add, "Now you can go back and double-check your post."