Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global warming
08-05-2011, 08:03 AM,
Global warming
Do you think that global warming is a serious thing that we need to deal with or is just exaggerated by scientists and the media?
I think it's pretty serious. The signs are everywhere, and so will the effects if we don't do anything.
08-06-2011, 07:10 PM,
RE: Global warming
I think it is. Lately, its effects are showing up here in the country. Last year back in February, the temperature here reached 40 degrees Celsius. After that, a flashflood which killed hundreds of people occurred. The flood reached even the second floor of the homes here. It was really terrifying. And I don't want to imagine what might happen in the future for my kids. I just hope that things would go better than what is expected.
10-22-2011, 01:13 AM,
..Whether one wants to believe or not, things are changuing on the earth. The ice caps are melting, water is drying up, storms are worse and longer. Texas is running out of water, so much so that the state is treating sewer water, three times to make it drinkable. Two states in the south were in court, fightiing over water rights. This is all real, it is here now and I am not sure we can do anything to stop it. I think we are going to have to deal with it.
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM,
People don't think about us, we ARE the future they're just making life harder for us and to make it even more worse the government is going crazy with budget cuts, I expect to live in a cardboard box by the time I'm 20.
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM,
The problem of global warming is actually very serious.People all over the world are not taking it seriously.I agree with pspboy.We are the future we have to take steps to solve it otherwise mankind will have pay for it they keep on neglecting this issue.
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM,
I admit I see proof of it. But it's inconclusive. I choose not to have an opinion.
My grandfather raises some good arguments. He cites the historical evidence that there are trends in the global temperature throughout time where it cycles between higher and lower temperature periods. The CFCs and other carbon emissions are not effecting things much more than they would naturally.