Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is .tk good?
07-06-2011, 12:33 AM,
is .tk good?
i signed up with a .tk domain and im trying to use it now
is it good?

or should i change to like .co.cc or others?

thanks
07-12-2011, 01:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2011, 06:34 AM by Ahmedm20.)
RE: is .tk good?
The both are same .... They offers full control in the domain with NS or many ways more ... But in my opinion , i think that CO.CC is better ...
07-13-2011, 11:38 PM,
I agree, I personally think co.cc domains are better. There's a lot lower change you get suspended for no reason and they offer better control over your domain. There's also the reputation, .tk domain have a lower reputation because they are a lot easier to make, but if you care about those things, I would simply buy a regular domain or try to get one in another way if you don't have any money.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
07-14-2011, 12:08 AM,
(07-13-2011, 11:38 PM)Yoruichi Shihouin Wrote: I agree, I personally think co.cc domains are better. There's a lot lower change you get suspended for no reason and they offer better control over your domain. There's also the reputation, .tk domain have a lower reputation because they are a lot easier to make, but if you care about those things, I would simply buy a regular domain or try to get one in another way if you don't have any money.

If you take this into account, hmm... http://www.seroundtable.com/co-cc-google...13644.html

And indeed I think Koreans are more reliable than the Tokelaus... But anyway, no real free domains are reliable, only the dollars are.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn
07-15-2011, 08:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM by EvilLamma.)
If your staging something and testing it, I would go with .co.cc.
As far as a site, don't even think about using either of them.
Heck, even go to *shiver* GoDaddy or something and get a real domain, cheap.
08-03-2011, 07:37 AM,
.tk or .co.cc the problem is the same. It's a free domain. Free is never good in terms of anything to do with your site (free domain, free hosting). There's always an implicit cost. For domains you could get cancelled because it did not get enough visitors, for example.
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM,
.tk doesn't cancel your domain if you don't get enough visitors, they cancel it if you get too many - and then they redirect it to a page full of ads so they can make money.
Hi! I'm Zach, and I founded NiftyHost. If you need anything, just PM me! :)
08-04-2011, 07:22 AM,
(08-03-2011, 09:41 AM)Zack Wrote: .tk doesn't cancel your domain if you don't get enough visitors, they cancel it if you get too many - and then they redirect it to a page full of ads so they can make money.
That's interesting, they must have changed it, I had a .tk 2 years ago and every month they sent me a report with traffic details and if it didn't get X visits in Y days then they'd delete my domain.
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM,
In my opinion the best of the so-called free domains are UNI.CC which are free forever with no strings attached and online since the late 1990s.

In the past dot.TK domains used to have pop-up advertisement or required to display a banner, which is not longer mandatory.

However now they redirect your traffic in a tricky way so more than once a day you may find your dot.TK domain goes directly to the registrar website instead of displaying your hosted content.

I signed for some domains a couple of months ago and when I found what they did, I removed the hosting and shortly after they cancelled my domains due to "abuse" for not keep an active website... to redirect to theirs.
MyDigitalpoint PRO Freelance Marketplace
08-05-2011, 07:39 AM,
I've never heard of uni.cc. However I think the reason I haven't is because when in the past I was looking for free domain names I was also looking for it to be as short as possible. A domain with uni.cc makes it pretty long. However, as it's free one cannot really complain about it.