05-01-2011, 07:54 PM,
zend optimizer
please install zend optimizer at p2h :D
if it can, it will be great
thanks
Get Latest Tech News Now!
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM,
RE: zend optimizer
You can always use PHP compression if you run a blog OR a forum. I know it works VERY well with a blog. Wordpress I know has a lot of plugins that can do this...
01-30-2012, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 10:17 PM by HiddenKnowledge.)
(01-30-2012, 11:59 AM)rowebil Wrote: You can always use PHP compression if you run a blog OR a forum. I know it works VERY well with a blog. Wordpress I know has a lot of plugins that can do this...

Those plugins might speed up the blog itself, but it also causes the server trouble. If you want to speed up your site, I advise CloudFlare. CloudFlare doesn't only speed up your site but also blocks bad users, decreases bandwidth used and allows you to easily integrate scripts in your site without having to change the site itself.
With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)
01-31-2012, 04:06 AM,
Not if it's done right there.. Gzip compression doesn't cause the server trouble, but increases the CPU processing.

CloudFlare is nice. NiftyHost.us uses it.
01-31-2012, 06:53 AM,
The increased CPU power required to gzip the content adds extra stress on the server. In our case with a 100mbps connection to the server, the less CPU usage but higher bandwidth usage is better. If we were limited in network transfer this might be a better idea; right now we don’t require a need for this.

Thank you for your suggestion. If our circumstances change we may reconsider this stance.
Warm regards,
Nobody.
01-31-2012, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012, 07:02 AM by rowebil.)
Loads much faster for people who are viewing it. I believe that's why the original poster suggested the idea. With it enabled for Wordpress, it cuts down the loading time by at least half. Google likes to see that.

If you have a small VPS server, I see what you mean. Too much stress on the CPU.
01-31-2012, 07:24 AM,
As stated previously by another user, you are welcome to use cloudflare.

Other tips for speeding up your website is to use "mini css" and "mini javascript". Removing unrequired linebreaks and spaces can decrease the file size. If you place Javascript at the end of the page, it will be loaded last and start rendering output on the page faster (not in all cases).

You can use http://gtmetrix.com/ to check the speed and size of your website.
Warm regards,
Nobody.