Poll: What happens when you die?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
We succumb into the nothingness of the universe
19.23%
5 19.23%
I become wormfood
11.54%
3 11.54%
I become part of something greater
0%
0 0%
I ascend into the next dimension
0%
0 0%
We go to heaven
23.08%
6 23.08%
We got the hell
0%
0 0%
I'll be reborn
15.38%
4 15.38%
Something else (Please post)
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What do you think happens after death?
11-22-2010, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2010, 03:12 AM by William.)
RE: What do you think happens after death?
(11-21-2010, 05:26 AM)Vanilla Wrote:
Quote:But even the neurological patterns are energy. Imagine if you were to die right now. You couldn't be "Nothing" because "Nothing is nothing" And you are "something" and can't exist in "Nothing" lol. Remember that the energy can only change form (and can't be created nor destroyed, meaning all energy that exists right now has always existed and always will) and even the neurological patterns simply are energy which will change form, perhaps it will no longer be noticed on the physical plane but it will still exist somewhere. It takes awhile to grasp the whole concept of "Nothing can be nothing."
Really, sit there and think about it for at least 5 minutes and do nothing else, lol

I already agreed with you, on that fact that something couldn't become nothing (speaking of energy and physical information). But as you stated yourself, energy changes form (fx. from currents to carbon-ion-charges) and these charges can bind themself to our earthly remains. But what I was initially questioning was whether you would define your dead corpse as "you". Considering you aren't able to speak, breathe, converse, eat etc. as a dead corpse.

I don't think you would be binded to your dead physical body. If it were true, then it would be one form of energy being binded with another form of energy which would bring up the question, whats binding the two energies? Which the answer would be "energy" and we all know energy can manipulate energy, and considering we are energy, this would mean that the only thing holding ourselves there is ourselves. Kind of hard to explain lol.

Basically what I mean is that our magical thing called "free will" is what gives us the ability to manipulate the energy around us. (E.g. every fleeting thought will actually change the vibrational waves around you) and the only thing that could ever hold us in one place is us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think happens after death? - by William - 11-22-2010, 03:12 AM