Web Hosting 101
08-23-2011, 04:55 AM,
RE: Web Hosting 101
(08-23-2011, 02:51 AM)MyDigitalpoint Wrote: Really good tips to keep in mind whether starting a hosting service or signing up to a new one.

I may add a tip that just remember yesterday when I was seeking a new paid hosting provider and found an appealing offer for a low price.

If the company pass the background check and there is enough review evidence that you are dealing with a reputable hosting service, be aware of the sign up process to detect it might not be all what you learned about.

This company asked me to subscribe via Paypal so I did, but in the process they asked me to email the domain name I wanted to setup.

They didn't ask any personal or desired account information, just to subscribe an email separately the domain name.

When I did it, yes, I got my account, but the specs in the welcome email have nothing to do with the advertised package so a word of caution.

When a hosting company states that they will set up manually your hosting account for any given reason, or ask you to follow non-standard processes to sign up, something might be wrong with the hosting offer or the service itself.

Thank you for that extra bit of information! It will be great for anyone looking to start a company!
s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?

Messages In This Thread
Web Hosting 101 - by neverforget98 - 08-23-2011, 02:00 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by MyDigitalpoint - 08-23-2011, 02:51 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by neverforget98 - 08-23-2011, 04:55 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by MyDigitalpoint - 10-20-2011, 07:16 AM