Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the government found intelligent alien life should it keep it a secret?
10-18-2011, 11:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 11:49 AM by OmarFW.)
RE: If the government found intelligent alien life should it keep the findings a secret?
(10-18-2011, 09:24 AM)Zack Wrote:
(10-18-2011, 08:29 AM)OmarFW Wrote: We've had massive technological jumps and breakthroughs that are almost without a doubt based on reverse engineering alien technology.
Just a quick aside here. Are you joking? Why do you assume that our technologies are based on those of extraterrestrials? Man is capable of inventing things for himself.

Yes we are and we have for the most part. The era I speak of is mostly during the space race when there was a lot of pressure to beat the russians to the moon. Assuming the first landing was a fake since it so obviously was, we did eventually get there but the technology was not exactly readily available prior to that. Suddenly we get the ability to build rockets that can support life into space? That was a jump that would have taken years upon years to develop on our own without the reverse engineering of some advanced already existing technology.

It's a loose speculation I know, but I doubt we haven't been visited by aliens and they have to have influenced our civilization somehow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the government found intelligent alien life should it keep the findings a secret? - by OmarFW - 10-18-2011, 11:45 AM
RE: - by Jake Horsfield - 07-26-2012, 08:20 PM