Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should governments be able to block websites?
08-02-2011, 02:49 PM,
RE: Should governments be able to block websites?
I don't think the governments should be able to do this. Specially not the American government, since freedom is such a big thing in America that it's really silly to see the government actively trying to limit that freedom.

To be honest, I don't even get what the point of blocking a website is other than censoring something that the government doesn't THINK the people should see. Maybe it's because it hurts the government's image or something silly but I think that's the kind of information that is most necessary of being free. People need to know just WHAT is going on, not being feed lies to protect the image of the government.

It doesn't even matter much if you block a website in this day and age. As soon as something goes online, there's a huge change of a million duplicates of it being made. If it's anything that seems like it's obviously, say, classified information, it would spread like wildfire and I doubt that any government would be able to control that, no matter how much censorship there is. Unless the censorship requires sites to be approved before they even go online or something stupid like that...

I just hate senseless censorship in general...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should governments be able to block websites? - by Dante - 08-02-2011, 02:49 PM