vb 2010
08-08-2010, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2010, 06:24 PM by RichardGv.)
RE: vb 2010
A web browser... I remember when I learned Visual Basic 6 5 years ago, there was a control to embed a browser to a form, basically it loads IE inside a control. I guess this control or a replacement still exists in VB.NET. I found 2 videos teaching how to create a so-called web browser in VB.NET, but I did not have the patience to watch them all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv44m4dHGQk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU5IPwbrfoE

It's almost impossible to create a web browser that does not use Internet Explorer or another third-party engine internally for a beginner.. A text-based browser (something like elinks, links, lynx, or w3m) may be easier to create, but still very hard for a beginner, as it requires knowledges about the underlying HTTP and TCP protocol, at least. A web browser is a huge project, and it's unrealistic for a beginner to create a real browser (instead of the shell of another browser). Just take a look at how big the source code packs of Firefox or WebKit are -- all over 25MB.
Also, VB is a very weak language, thus unsuitable for a serious web browser design. Learn C/C++ if you really want to create a browser. Creating a full-fledge web browser with VB from scratch is just like trying to make a Boeing 747 with Lego. :)

A programming language usually cannot be mastered so soon, either. Why you are in such a hurry? A programming language, seriously, takes 10 years to master.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Messages In This Thread
vb 2010 - by Zavoo - 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM
RE: vb 2010 - by RichardGv - 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM
RE: vb 2010 - by Vanilla - 08-09-2010, 12:42 AM