How To Run A Board Forum Like myBB And SMF in Your Own PC [just for fun]!
07-07-2010, 02:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM by RichardGv.)
RE: How To Run A Board Forum Like myBB And SMF in Your Own PC [just for fun]!
(07-07-2010, 01:33 PM)2348z Wrote: ok quick question, how do you install phpbb? lol on your computer i know how to do it online

There's almost no differences, except:
1. You cannot install phpBB through Fantastico or Softculous locally;
2. If you are using a machine running Microsoft Windows, the filesystem permission system is different from Unix/Linux. I think it's pretty similar to the situation that you set every file/directory to 777 on *nix systems, but I'm not so sure. (I believe Windows has some ways to overcome this (Access Control List?), but I don't really know.) A good aspect is you will almost never need to chmod files/directories anymore. The bad part is this will be a security issue.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To Run A Board Forum Like myBB And SMF in Your Own PC [just for fun]! - by RichardGv - 07-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Forum New Posts Notifier for NiftyHost RichardGv 20 14,601 05-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: RichardGv