Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix-style vertical chicken farms
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM,
RE: Matrix-style vertical chicken farms
Firstly, your answers proved my statement: "It does not make much sense to discuss a problem related to animal rights with a vegetarian, as it's quite possible that he/she comprehends the concept "animal" in a totally different way from the masses.". :) Your answers look awfully surprising.

(03-27-2012, 07:27 PM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: Which one is better, death (from overgrowth), living painfully with thinking ability, or living without the thinking ability?

I think neither are better for him, I think you should atleast attempt to give him the best possible living enviroment and fine people that don't do their best to do that. And in the end, you're making them 'die' from overgrowth anyway, right? Just because they don't feel it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You said we have no rights to "decide which choice is better for an animal who has the ability to think itself" below, so we should not attempt to "give an animal the best possible living enviroment", we just cannot decide for an animal. You got a logical problem, self-contradiction, HK. :)

This is what Vanilla originally said: The advantage of this (the new farm design), is that the chickens ... don't die from overgrowth (as they normally do). So the new design prevents the chicken from dying, well, from dying too early.

(03-27-2012, 07:27 PM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: I think it's different if you have no other choice, but you should still kill them/let them life in a proper way and see if there really is no other way.

Chickens aren't just 'food', they're living beings like us, so we should pay them some respect, by letting them life the way they want to life and atleast know that what you're eating. Some kids here don't even know where food comes from..

We could all live as vegetarians, meat is not an essential component of our meals, I suppose, HK. With your idea all butchers should lose their jobs immediately. Hmm, it's okay, just... You come from a different world! :D

(03-27-2012, 07:27 PM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: Even if we think to live without thinking ability is better, do humans have the right to decide which choice is better for an animal who has the ability to think itself, when there's no way could we learn how it feels?

No, I don't think we should ever decide such a thing.

If we have no rights to decide what is good for an animal, then the only viable choice is to not touch them at all. Goes back the problem above.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Messages In This Thread
Matrix-style vertical chicken farms - by Vanilla - 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM
RE: Matrix-style vertical chicken farms - by RichardGv - 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM