Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix-style vertical chicken farms
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM,
RE: Matrix-style vertical chicken farms
(03-27-2012, 02:18 PM)RichardGv Wrote: What is more important for an animal? To be alive, or to be able to think? Is killing an animal moral, or killing his brain moral?

I think neither are moral, but I would think killing the animal would be more moral to remove his brain and let him be in that state for a long time, only to make him more fat and such.

Which one is better, death (from overgrowth), living painfully with thinking ability, or living without the thinking ability?

I think neither are better for him, I think you should atleast attempt to give him the best possible living enviroment and fine people that don't do their best to do that. And in the end, you're making them 'die' from overgrowth anyway, right? Just because they don't feel it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Even if we think to live without thinking ability is better, do humans have the right to decide which choice is better for an animal who has the ability to think itself, when there's no way could we learn how it feels?

No, I don't think we should ever decide such a thing.

Also, I may cut the brains from humans if it's "proper", or at least I cannot guarantee I won't... During the thousands of years of history of China, there were numberous periods of time, during which because of continuous wars, corrupted government, or natural disasters, there was not enough food, and people ate and traded human meat, from people died from starvation, diseases, or just killed for food. Some people didn't feel like eating their children, so they exchange their children with others and ate the exchanged children. Humans were traded publicly as "Food-man". When Huang Chao's rebel force was besieged (about 880-882 A.D.), they caught civilians everywhere, and ate them. (They called humans "sheep with two legs", by the way.) Hmm, even in quite recent years, 1960s, when The Great Chinese Famine came (the shortage of food was mostly caused by some aggressive government policies), it was quite common that sons/daughters ate their parents, or parents ate their children, sometimes just killed them for food. For example, it was reported that parents throttled their 8-year-old son and cooked him, and in Yibing, Hubei, some children were murdered and with their meat sold on the street as "rabbit meat". Some statistics (which may not be reliable enough) shows that 63 human-eating cases appeared in a single county, within only 3 months (there are 1200+ counties in China...), and in 3 years 1278 human-eating cases were reported in a province. Surely, before people start getting short of food, almost everybody consider eating human meat a very sickening thing, and eventually they all did it!

I think it's different if you have no other choice, but you should still kill them/let them life in a proper way and see if there really is no other way.

Chickens aren't just 'food', they're living beings like us, so we should pay them some respect, by letting them life the way they want to life and atleast know that what you're eating. Some kids here don't even know where food comes from..

With love,
HiddenKnowledge
A.k.a. Yoruichi Shihouin

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me trough email or pm. :)

Messages In This Thread
Matrix-style vertical chicken farms - by Vanilla - 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM
RE: Matrix-style vertical chicken farms - by HiddenKnowledge - 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM