Web Hosting 101
08-23-2011, 02:51 AM,
RE: Web Hosting 101
Really good tips to keep in mind whether starting a hosting service or signing up to a new one.

I may add a tip that just remember yesterday when I was seeking a new paid hosting provider and found an appealing offer for a low price.

If the company pass the background check and there is enough review evidence that you are dealing with a reputable hosting service, be aware of the sign up process to detect it might not be all what you learned about.

This company asked me to subscribe via Paypal so I did, but in the process they asked me to email the domain name I wanted to setup.

They didn't ask any personal or desired account information, just to subscribe an email separately the domain name.

When I did it, yes, I got my account, but the specs in the welcome email have nothing to do with the advertised package so a word of caution.

When a hosting company states that they will set up manually your hosting account for any given reason, or ask you to follow non-standard processes to sign up, something might be wrong with the hosting offer or the service itself.
MyDigitalpoint PRO Freelance Marketplace

Messages In This Thread
Web Hosting 101 - by neverforget98 - 08-23-2011, 02:00 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by MyDigitalpoint - 08-23-2011, 02:51 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by neverforget98 - 08-23-2011, 04:55 AM
RE: Web Hosting 101 - by MyDigitalpoint - 10-20-2011, 07:16 AM