Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should governments be able to block websites?
08-23-2011, 05:08 AM,
RE: Should governments be able to block websites?
(08-22-2011, 03:10 PM)MyDigitalpoint Wrote: This is so true, freedom of speech is being violated as it is freedom of choice, which is another practice that governments are blocking to favor some monopolies.

I'm currently in Mexico and I'm unable to access my Playlist.com playlist that displays a message saying there is a country restriction to the music library due to a government request asking them to prevent access in order that people go to a local media website to buy the content that is free otherwise.

And being here I have found other sites blocking access from this country, apologizing because is not their will to restrict access but government requests to force people pay for crap content, because locally not all the informations, music, videos, etc. are available.
Alright, that is a major pathetic move for the Mexican Government. Like, they blocked Playlist.com? Did they block Youtube too? Like, that's ridiculous!

s t i c k s a n d s t o n e s m a y b r e a k m y b o n e s ,
s o w h y w o u l d n a m e s h u r t m e ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should governments be able to block websites? - by neverforget98 - 08-23-2011, 05:08 AM