Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should governments be able to block websites?
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM,
RE: Should governments be able to block websites?
(08-01-2011, 08:10 PM)HiddenKnowledge Wrote: I disagree, I think it's quite interesting to learn how to make it, but that doesn't mean I will actually use it. It's upto people how they handle information.
Offcourse, if the information in question is deemed illegal, that's a different story.

It's indeed up to reader to decide how to use the information about how to make a bomb and fire it in front of a school building, HK, yet allowing such directly implementable plan to appear publicly on the Internet would significantly increase the possibility of a real implementation of the plan. Your sister might be learning right in the school, or my sister, and you dad, or mine, could be teaching there. We cannot put the lives of thousands of people, including children, in risks, just in exchange of a little part of freedom of speech that seems quite unnecessary. We cannot afford that.

And this is not related to the law. It's just a moral judgment. We are humans, not gods. We deserves freedom, but we never deserved unlimited/uncontrolled freedom.
Gentoo Linux User (w/ fvwm) / Loyal Firefox User / Owner of a Stupid Old Computer - My PGP Public Key

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
-- Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions (1624), John Donn

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should governments be able to block websites? - by RichardGv - 08-01-2011, 10:51 PM